Monday, May 18, 2009

Carolina Chickadee

While scrolling through my pictures today, I found this one that I took of a Carolina Chickadee (my favorite bird) sitting in the bird feeder I made in my first-ever pottery class. My camera is small enough to comfortably bring backpacking, but it has a 10x zoom, so I was able to get a great close-up of the chickadee. Although, if I remember correctly, I actually did get pretty close to him. I think he was hunkering down to keep warm on that cool December day (Christmas Eve 2008).

It's the month of May, I know...but speaking of Christmas...


...here is what our home looks like during the most wonderful time of the year:




It's fantastic.




1 comment:

  1. This site makes me so happy! I love your entries and the photos. I am now a follower---I'm not sure what that entails, but if I'm following you, I know I'll have fun ; )

    ReplyDelete